New Delhi: After the juicy duel between, Rajdeep Sardesai and Devendra Fadnavis; the trend of open letters, by journalists hoping to evoke a response from politician is fast catching up. Latest to join the trend is maverick ex senior journalist from AAP, Ashutosh. In recent times, AAP’s popularity has dipped while it struggled against issues such as DUSU election loss, Dengue, Onions and now Somnath Bharti. They are now looking to generate some positive PR by targeting Modi, a fine trick that always works.
Since most of the founding members are either behind the bars, on the run or have left the party; it was up to the charismatic Ashutosh to take the responsibility. Never to buck down a challenge, he decided to take the bull by its horns, and how. He has decided to write an open letter to Narendra Modi just like Rajdeep worte one to Maharashtra CM Fadnavis. In a WhatsApp chat, he told Shaitaan Khopdi™, “I think open letter is a great opportunity to bring the Modi govt to its niece. Moreover ‘Pain is mightier than Sword’ and being an ex-generalist I will use my pain to expose Modi’s Gujrati Models”.
We are publishing his open letter as it is (Without running any spell check or doing any editing).
Dear Mr Modi,
I am writing this open letter to you only. It is private and confidential. Please ask Amit Shah not to read it.
- I heard a lot about Modi wave so I decided to check myself. I waved at you when you were speaking from Red Fort, but you didn’t wave back. Kya Modi Wave sirf ek Jumla tha?
- AAP put Arvind Kejriwal’s photo in the posterior of CYSS candidates during DUSU elections, but your photo was not there on ABVP campaign. Are you afraid of Kejriwal?
- You always give impotence to ‘Man ki Baat’, but why you don’t listen to ‘Woman ki Baat’? Are you a male chauvinist?
- Why are you sending Subramanian Swamy to JNU who was dropped even from Hogwarts University?
- Whole world knows that Gujarat is dry state, then how you still claim it to be drought free?
- All the hill stations in BJP ruled states have Echo Points; still they are not among the top eco-friendly tourist places in India. Why?
Shaitaan Khopdi™ contacted PMO to find out if PM has responded to Ashutosh’s open letter. It is learnt that PMO officials are unable to understand the questions asked in letter. A Babu told us, “Forget Subhash Chandra Bose related file, PMO is planning to make this letter public first. We are hoping that someone can decode it and make us understand what Ashutosh wants to know”.