Hey Arvind – will not even ask how you are. Looking at all the skeletons hurtling out of your cupboard, I feel you need some good, solid, non quid pro quo advice and I am going ahead and giving just that. Hope you follow the recommended 10 things.
1. Heard of scotch tape ? Please use it asap on each and every member of your party. Yes, issue a diktat that no one, repeat no one , will open his/her mouth in public. In fact, not even in private – remember deewaron ke bhi kaan…..
2. Sift the wheat from the chaff. You do not have to admit each and every John, Johnny, Janardhan into your fold. Please ask them, politely ,of course, the reason for wanting to join. If they so much as murmur ‘Lok Sabha ticket’ you know what to do. You don’t? Tch tch. You have to shut the door on them. The clever ones who don’t murmur ‘LSt’ , please inform them of clause 1 ( keeping the mouth shut).
3. Send Prashant Bhushan, Kumar Vishwas, the hon law minister of your government, Capt Gopinath ( Gosh! this is turning out to be a long list), Mallika Sarabhai, Rakhi Birla – you get the gist- on a lonnng, no expenses paid , holiday to Timbucktoo. You want to know why Timbucktoo? Welll, I have always wanted to send somebody to Tim… that is why .
4. Get back to the basics- Govern, govern govern. Granted I have banished two of your ministers but fret not. Believe me you are not going to miss them.
5. Dear CM, do not speak in haste. Did you ever watch a serial called ‘Tol Mol ke Bol’ ? O.k- I also never did but I want you to get into that mould – weigh your words carefully.
6. Stop repeating ad nauseum that ‘Vipakshi’ parties are terrible, that the Congress and the BJP are corrupt, that you are not siding with any etc etc. It all sounds terribly infra dig- too yesterday. You are no longer a movement- you have moved on . Please show that you are here to do business ( govern and administer) and not hurl allegations.
7. Coming to the aforementioned allegations- kindly put your money where your mouth is. That is prove the said allegations- otherwise use the overused scotch tape.
8. There is something called policy formation. Kindly use your time in policy formulation- your economic policy, policy for FDI, for electricity, security, for women safety, for transport. Focus, Focus and some more focus.
9. Ever heard of slow and steady winning the race? Remember the hare really ran fast but didn’t reach anywhere.So, why don’t you concentrate on proving your credentials in Delhi ? you will have the people begging for you 5 years later. Right now 3 things show : AAP is spreading itself thin ; that you are a man in a hurry ; and that AAP is turning out to be all hype and no substance.
10. Arvind Kejriwal- you have raised the hopes of many in India. We voted for you because we believed in you – we believed in your promises. You are the shepherd – steer your herd intelligently.
Many of us are praying for you.